Vegetarian mexican lasagna. This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. Be the first to review this recipe. This is from "Vegetarian Times: Low-Fat and Fast" (highly recommended).
The Best Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna Recipes on Yummly Mexican Lasagna, Mexican Lasagna, Bush's Two-bean Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna. The most important thing about making this dish is that you have to be good at delaying immediate gratification and wait. You can cook Vegetarian mexican lasagna using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Vegetarian mexican lasagna
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- You need 1 of large red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of large orange bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 pack of mexican veggie ground round (I've used yves veggie).
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of cheezwhiz.
- Prepare 150 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso).
- It’s to taste of hot sauce (I've used Cholula original).
- It’s 5 of flour tortillas (I've used Old el Paso smart fiesta).
- Prepare 25 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso mild).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
- It’s to taste of chipotle or chili powder.
You have to wait two days for all the ingredients to. Instead of lasagna noodles, corn tortillas are layered between Mexican-style cheese and a southwestern-style Meatless Mexican Lasagna. Assemble this fun twist on lasagna for dinner, and. Enjoy this veg-infused vegan Mexican Lasagna with delicious Mexican-spiced layers.
Vegetarian mexican lasagna instructions
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet at medium/high heat and cook the bell peppers for 2 minutes..
- Add in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Lower the heat to low and add in the ground round, breaking it in tiny bits with a wooden spoon..
- Add in 2 tablespoon of cheezwhiz, 150 ml of taco sauce and hot sauce to taste. Mix well. Add 1 more tablespoon of cheezwhiz if you like it extra cheesy..
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and set aside..
- Preheat the oven at 350°..
- Lay one tortilla in a pyrex pie plate..
- Cover the tortilla with a quater of the ground round mix, lay a tortilla on top and gently press with hands..
- Repeat till you have 4 layers of ground round mix. Top layer must be a tortilla..
- Spread 25 ml of taco sauce on top of the last tortilla, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder..
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Broil under the grill last 2 minutes..
- Cut in 4 piece and serve with a side of green salad..
This vegetarian Mexican casserole recipe yields lots of leftovers so it's perfect for batch cooking meal plans! This vegetarian lasagna features kicked up Mexican flavors with salsa and jalapenos for extra Lasagna is one of those dishes I reserve for the winter months, when I want something warm and. Check out some favorite vegetarian and vegan lasagnas. This collection of vegetarian and vegan lasagnas will help you find the perfect dish for a dinner with family and friends to which some guest. Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too!