The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe. I knew this would be a great classic lasagna recipe. It turned out to be the perfect Italian lasagna. Looking for an Italian lasagna recipe that's just like the grandmothers make it in Bologna?
Assemble a Classic Italian Lasagna with Giada De Laurentiis' recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network. A homemade bechamel sauce makes a big difference. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day newsletter to receive editor-picked recipes, tips and videos delivered to your inbox daily. You can have The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe
- It’s 2 packages of Lasagna Pasta Sheets.
- You need 10 of Italian Sausages cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1 of kilo Ground Beef / 2 lbs. Ground Beef.
- You need 5 of Fresh Tomatoes grated.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Oregano.
- You need 1 cup of Olive Oil.
- It’s 4 of large pieces Mozzarella.
- Prepare 3 packages of Ricotta Cheese.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s 3 cups of Water.
Be the first to review this recipe. This is my great-grandmother's recipe, and it wields a lot of lasagna for a big family or for leftovers. Put meat in large bowl, add half of tomato sauce. Crush garlic in a press, and add it to mixture.
The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe step by step
- N a large sauce pan add in half a cup of the Olive Oil, sausages, and ground beef. Once the meat has turned brown add in the fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons oregano, salt, sugar, pepper, cinnamon stick, 3 cups of water and let boil on low heat for about 2 hrs..
- When the sauce is ready, add into the baking pan a scoop of sauce, and start layering in the Lasagna sheets. (I don’t have a large enough square baking pan, so I used a round one) Add in a large scoop of the sauce with sausages, and ground beef, top with the mozzarella and ricotta cheese. Continue layering with the Lasagna sheets, and until all the ingredients have finished..
- I just wanted to mention back in those days, Lasagne sheets did not exist, both Maria and my mom used regular boiled pasta..
- Finish topping with the leftover Olive Oil….and Oregano.
- Pop into the oven, and bake at 180 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. I hope you enjoy making and eating this recipe as much as my mom and I have been doing for so many years. Thank you Maria for your wonderful recipe!!!! 🙂.
Step-by-step recipe and photos for making The BEST Lasagna ever! This classic Italian lasagna is authentic, made with bechamel white sauce (no ricotta) and a simple red sauce. Lasagna (also spelled Lasagne), is literally a meal all by itself. But no Italian dinner would be complete without all of the trimmings of an antipasto, delicious salads, wine and family and friends. You'll be so glad you did.