Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal).
You can cook Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal)
- Prepare 4 of "oven ready" lasagna noodles – broken into roughly 1" pieces.
- It’s 8 oz of chorizo.
- It’s 1-2 tbs of oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion – chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium bell pepper (your color choice) – deseeded, chopped.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can Cannelini beans.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of (slightly heaping) cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of sugar (optional).
- It’s 1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a cheddar mozzarella blend).
Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal) step by step
- Heat a large, deep sided sautée pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbs oil. Begin cooking chorizo, breaking up to a crumble as you go..
- When chorizo is half cooked add onion and bell pepper. Cook until onion is translucent. About 5 minutes. Note: If chorizo is lean (mine was because it was homemade) add second tbs of oil along with onion and pepper..
- Stir in beans, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste, and if desired sugar to taste (used to balance the acidity of tomatoes and heat of other spices)..
- Increase heat to medium high. Bring to a vigorous simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Stir in water and broken lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid slightly vented. Reduce heat, simmer 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Taste. Adjust salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Add a dash of hot sauce if desired..
- Turn heat off, sprinkle cheese over the top, return lid. Let sit covered 10 to allow cheese to melt and sauce to thicken. Serve topped with sour cream if desired. Enjoy!.