Family Lasagna. If you're looking for a delicious recipe guaranteed to bring all the family together, look no further than Gennaro's classic Italian lasagne. Cameron Mathison is joined by his mother, Loretta, to make their family-favorite dish, lasagna! Get more Home & Family Recipes here.
Today I am sharing the family recipe for lasagna, using the sauce that I made yesterday. Please follow the link to see that recipe for the sauce recipe. Whenever autumn arrives every year my father would make his mother's lasagna recipe. You can cook Family Lasagna using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Family Lasagna
- It’s 2 of and 1/2 pounds Ground beef 80/20 blend.
- It’s 1 of medium size yellow onion chopped.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper chopped.
- It’s of Mushrooms chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter or margarine (your preference).
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil (I use canola).
- You need 32 oz of Ricotta cheese (your choice of brand).
- Prepare 1 box of and 1/2 of San Giorgio Lasagna noodles.
- Prepare of Mozzarella (your choice of brand).
- It’s of Grated Parmesan cheese (I prefer using Kraft).
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 13 oz of jar of Ragu traditional spaghetti sauce.
His lasagna recipe, below, is "moist, rich, and nothing like the Americanized version most of us grew up eating," says Chef Lenny. Historically, surnames evolved as a way to sort people into groups – by occupation, place of origin, clan affiliation. This Fuentes Family lasagna recipe from Paula Deen is a comfort food meal perfect for entertaining. Ingredients include chorizo, eggplant, manchego cheese and ground beef.
Family Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill a large cooking pot with water and bring to boil. Once boiling add the noodles. Cook noodles until they are semi al dente. (noodles will cook thoroughly once you put the lasagna together and into the oven) Helpful tip – I found it to be helpful once noodles are done to drain them and keep them in cool water to prevent them from sticking as you are preparing the lasagna. This also stops the cooking process of the noodles..
- In a saute pan add your butter or margarine and oil. Once hot add your chopped onions chopped green peppers and mushrooms and salty until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- In a medium-sized skillet begin browning your ground beef. Add your seasonings salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder..
- Stare in your onions, mushrooms and peppers to the cooked ground beef..
- In a large cooking pot at your spaghetti sauce, and your ground beef mixture. And your sugar and cook over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Begin building your lasagna. In a lasagna dish I start off with spreading a layer of ricotta cheese. Next a layer of noodles. Next a layer of sauce. Next I sprinkle my grated Parmesan cheese. Next I spread an even layer of mozzarella cheese. I repeat this process for about a total of four layers or depending on how deep your lasagna dish..
- Place lasagna dish in preheated heat 375 degrees oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the top layer of mozzarella cheese forms a speckled golden brown, bubbly and delicious looking crust..
- Let cool for a few minutes and Bone Appetit!!!.
Garden vegetable medley layered between pasta, ricotta and vine-ripened tomato sauce, topped with mozzarella and Romano. Classic Lasagna is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well for new mom meals and quick For years I'd parboil my own noodles whenever I made lasagna, but I've deemed this extra work and. Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. Lasagne, or the singular lasagna, is also an Italian dish made of stacked layers of this flat pasta alternating with. Invite family and friends to the table for this family-style dish.