Lasagna. Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. Lasagne, or the singular lasagna, is also an Italian dish made of stacked layers of this flat pasta alternating with. Recipes and tips for terrific lasagna.
I've been making lasagna for a long time, and there are quite a few variables to play with. We've got lasagne recipes to suit all tastes: Mary Berry's lasagna al forno recipe is the classic full-length version but she's also got a great quick lasagne recipe when you're short of time. Your ingredient options when making lasagna are virtually endless. You can cook Lasagna using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Lasagna
- Prepare 1 of # ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of # pork (or sweet sausage).
- Prepare 1/2 C of onion, minced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 2 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/4 C of water, slightly less.
- Prepare 2 T of white sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 T of fresh parsley, chopped (4 tsp dried).
- It’s 12 of lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 3 C of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- You need 3/4 C of parmesan cheese, grated.
- It’s of Crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
You can make vegetarian lasagna, a meat lover's lasagna, or lasagna with all the works, packed with your. Looking for an easy and healthy vegetarian lasagna recipe? Check out some favorite vegetarian and vegan lasagnas. Add lasagna to one of your lists below, or create a new one.
Lasagna step by step
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, pork, onion, and garlic over medium heat until browned. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water. Add the sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt, pepper and 2T (2 tsp dried). Add the red pepper flakes if using. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally..
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, egg, 2T (2 tsp dried)parsley and 1/2 tsp salt..
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 1/2C of meat sauce on the bottom. Put a single layer of noodles over the meat sauce. Spread with 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Top with 1C of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with some of the parmesan cheese. Repeat layers 2 times and the top will be the cheeses. Cover with sprayed foil to prevent the cheese sticking to it..
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into your lasagna..
- I had an 8oz roll of mozzarella cheese on hand, so I sliced it and put it on the cheese layers..
Lasagna lasagna lasagna lasagna lasagna lasagna lasagna lasagna lasagna lasagna I made lasagna and fresh sourdough garlic bread from scratch today. Lasagna Bolognese is a typical dish of Emilia Romagna, in particular of the city of Bologna. In Italy Lasagna Bolognese is a typical Sunday lunch dish or the main course for festivities and anniversaries. Lasagna is both a type of noodle and a dish made with that noodle; when pluralized, lasagna noodles are known as "lasagne". Lasagne are long, flat, broad noodles which are ideally suited to layering in a.