Fig and mustard chutney. Mix in orange, figs, sugar, vinegar, mustard, and ½ cup water and bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add cranberries and increase heat to medium-high. For this chutney, start with an onion, Granny Smith apple and fresh figs, which naturally have a jammy quality to them.
Great sweet and spicy addition to your cheese plate! Today is a big day for me because I'm sharing my first video recipe with you! This sweet Fresh Fig Chutney with raisins and apples is the perfect accompaniment for white meat, cheese platters and charcuterie boards. You can cook Fig and mustard chutney using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. This is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fig and mustard chutney
- You need 3 of figs.
- You need 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp+ 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp+ 1 tsp of yellow mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 11/2 tbsp of water.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
I know Fig Chutney sounds a little bit like Christmas, but I eat this sweet and sour chutney all year round, using fresh figs if they are in season or frozen ones if. Yummy Fig ChutneyFoodista. ground allspice, mustard seeds, lemons juice, ground Fontina and Fig Chutney Grilled Cheese BitesSouthern Kitchen-US. fig, micro greens, French baguette, prosciutto Roast Chicken with Fig Chutney SauceKitchen Confidante. unsalted butter, red wine vinegar, honey. Figs Healthy Vegetarian Mustard Condiments Fruit Sub / Sandwich Easy Dijon Mustard. What to buy: Fig jam can be purchased at high-end grocery stores.
Fig and mustard chutney instructions
- Wash and roughly chop figs..
- Grind them with water to a paste..
- Mix together brown sugar and apple cider vinegar..
- Put this sugar and vinegar mix Cooksnap and a thick bottomed vessel and cook till sugar melts. Switch off flame. Now add the pureed figs. Then add mustard powder and mustard seeds. Mix well..
- Switch on the flame, add salt, sugar, pepper and lemon juice. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Once done let it cool and pour in a glass bottle and keep in the fridge. This can be stored upto 10 to 15 days. Enjoy! :).
This recipe was featured as part of our Sandwich Spreads photo gallery. Add figs, mustard seeds, and cloves. Mustard has long been one of my favorite condiments. I learned to love it when I was very young as an accompaniment to hot dogs and turkey bologna, and The inspiration for this particular mustard came from Louisa Shafia's wonderful book, The New Persian Kitchen. I revisited my copy earlier this year.