Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad. Because it seems to appeal to so many, this creamy salad is one of my favorite crowd-size recipes. I've taken it to potlucks Drain and cool. In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onions, dill and salt.
We developed this mid-summer salad to use an overabundance of fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and celery. This recipe makes more dressing than you need for the salad, but it will keep almost forever in the Reviews for: Photos of Dilled Cucumber, Tomato and Celery Salad. Variation: Add cooked and crumbled bacon bits to the salad dressing and proceed as above. You can cook Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad
- You need 10 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped chives.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of thinly sliced celery.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped green onions.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
Everyone's got a favorite potato salad, and this is ours. I know most are aggressively forgettable, with so much slick and eerie uniformity in their texture that I've made them with a slip of horseradish, with chopped hard-boiled eggs, celery and cornichon, I've tossed them in a mustard vinaigrette with red. salads sides. Enjoy this vegetable salad of crisp cucumbers and summer ripened tomatoes even if you are on a low sodium diet. Make the salad: Put the potatoes and garlic in a large pot.
Zesty cucumber and celery potato salad step by step
- Peel cut and boil potatoes until tender about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and cool slightly..
- In a large bowl combined chives, oil, vinegar, onion, salt and pepper mixed well..
- Cut potatoes into cubes add the oil mixture. Toss to coat cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (in this Picture I skipped a step and already added my chopped veggies to the oil mixture) you can wait and do this at the end..
- Mix yogurt and mayonnaise or sour cream and chill. Just before serving fold in mayo mixture and chopped celery, cucumber and green onions..
Remove from the heat and stir in the onion, celery and vinegar. Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl (discard the garlic). This light and creamy Shrimp, Cucumber and Celery Salad is seasoned with Old Bay and lime juice and mixed in a light creamy sauce. The Old Bay seasoning gives it a little kick, the cucumbers and celery give it the perfect crunch. Great for those hot summer days and a good option for those who.