Potato Salad with Coriander and Anchovy. This potato salad, typical of Provence, is like the potato portion of a Nicoise salad. The secret ingredient of the dressing is the anchovy paste. If you are familiar with the bliss that anchovies can bring to a salad dressing, you'll know why it's included.
Drain well and refresh under cold running water until cold. Spicy with toasted cumin and fragrant with fresh coriander, this Asian-inspired potato salad is ideal on the side of a barbecue or grill of fish, chicken or pork. Bring a medium pan of water to a simmer. You can cook Potato Salad with Coriander and Anchovy using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Salad with Coriander and Anchovy
- It’s 2 of Potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Coriander.
- Prepare 4 of slices anchovies.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of mayonaise.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
Photograph: Colin Campbell Photograph: Colin Campbell. For anchovy dressing, place milk in a saucepan over medium heat, add garlic cloves and anchovy fillets and bring to the simmer. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt, bring to the boil over high heat, then immediately reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
Potato Salad with Coriander and Anchovy step by step
- Cut the potato and carrot into small pieces and put them into a microwavable container. Heat for 3 minutes until the vegetables get soft. You can boil them if you like too..
- Mash the potatoes roughly. Add the chopped anchovy and season with salt and pepper and mayonnaise. Mix all together..
- Finally, pour in the olive oil and add the chopped coriander. Mix gently and the salad is done!.
Add the potatoes, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper and season well. Serve the potatoes with the yogurt, garnished with. Similar Royalty-free Images: Boiled potatoes with bacon and mustard. Delicious cold summer lunch of proscuitto ham with asparagus and baby potatoes garnished with chopped herbs on a white country kitchen table with a bowl of coriander. Skillet potatoes prepared Middle Eastern-style w/ garlic, warm spices, fresh herbs & a splash of lime juice!