Loaded Potato Salad.
You can have Loaded Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Salad
- You need 2 1/2 lb of (10-14) red potatoes, cut into 1" cubes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ranch dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 lb of bacon.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice, I prefer a sharp cheddar.
- Prepare 4 of finely diced green onions (optional).
- You need 1 of Season Salt.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
Loaded Potato Salad step by step
- Place diced potatoes in a large pot add enough cold water to cover..
- Bring potatoes to a boil and boil for about 15 minutes or until tender. You want them soft but not to soft, then they turn to mush and we aren't making mashed potatoes..
- I like to set up an ice bath for my potatoes to stop the cooking process. An ice bath is when you fill a bowl with water and ice. After the potatoes are tender transfer them to the ice bath. Let them sit for about 2 minutes then remove to an empty bowl. Put the potatoes in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to an hour..
- After the potatoes are in the fridge dice the bacon and cook in a skillet on med heat until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain and set aside..
- Mix mayonnaise, ranch dressing and sour cream..
- Mix together potatoes, cheese and bacon..
- Add desired amount of dressing mixture to the potatoes, cheese and bacon. My kids prefer creamier so I usually use all the dressing mixture, some people don't..
- Use seasoning salt, salt and pepper to taste..
- When I serve mine I like to offer a bowl of extra cheese, diced green onion and diced cherry tomato for people to add as extra toppings..