Wiegand's German Potato Salad.
You can have Wiegand's German Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Wiegand's German Potato Salad
- It’s 1 lb of sliced bacon.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 4 lbs of baby red potatoes.
- It’s 1 of large yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Inglehoffer Original Stone Ground Mustard.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Wiegand's German Potato Salad instructions
- Boil potatoes until they are easily pierced with a fork & skins are barely starting to peel away. Drain potatoes & cool until they can be handled. Cut into large dices & add back to pot they were boiled in. Set aside..
- Cook sliced bacon in large frying pan until browned. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain the grease..
- Add chopped onion to the bacon grease in the frying pan & cook until translucent. Then add in 1 cup water, vinegar, mustard & sugar. Cook & whisk for 5-7 mins..
- Add potatoes to pan with the dressing & toss to coat. Add chopped bacon & parsley. Season with salt & pepper & serve warm..