Classic Potato Salad. Most potato salads look and taste better when made with low-starch red boiling potatoes. For Classic American-Style Potato Salad, you can use any size of this variety, but the small new. A classic potato salad is a must have at every picnic and barbecue and this is the best of the best.
This classic potato salad is what you want! It's made with boiled potatoes, sour cream, mayo, green onions, celery, parsley, pickles and Going to a cookout? This classic potato salad is what you want! You can have Classic Potato Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Potato Salad
- It’s 6 cups of cooked potatoes (chopped).
- Prepare 6-8 of hard boiled eggs (chopped).
- You need 4-5 stalks of celery (chopped).
- You need 1 of med. onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 cups of mayo.
- It’s 3 tbs of mustard.
- You need 3-4 tbs of white vinegar.
- You need of salt&pepper.
Get back to basics with a traditional potato salad featuring chopped celery, sweet pickle relish, and eggs combined with a tangy. When it comes to cooking the potatoes, I take the traditional approach: chop them up and simmer them in water until tender. I make this classic potato salad a lot for pot lucks and picnics. Boil peeled potatoes in salted water until done.
Classic Potato Salad instructions
- For microwave potatoes: dice potatoes, add to microwave safe bowl, add eggs, cover all completely with water, microwave on high: 20 mins or until potatoes are fork tender, but not falling apart or soft enough for mashing. When done, drain water, place eggs and potatoes in the freezer for 20-30 mins. Stiring around every once in a while for even cooling..
- Once potatoes and eggs are cold. Peel and chop eggs, then mix all solid ingredients with seasoning. Add dressing, mix well..
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. (For added spice and appearance sprinkle top with paprika).
My classic potato salad recipe is made with tender potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar and a special blend of seasonings. It's the best best potato with egg ever! The ingredients for classic potato salad start with basic staples found in almost any kitchen: potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, celery, onion and mayonnaise. With these ingredients as the backbone. This classic version of creamy American potato salad combines Yukon Gold potatoes with onion, celery, hard-cooked eggs, and capers in a sour-cream dresing with Champagne vinegar.