Homestyle potato salad. This is the BEST Potato Salad recipe EVER. It comes straight from Mom's recipe box. Tender chunks of potatoes and hard boiled eggs covered in creamy.
Check Below for How to Make Homestyle Potato Salad. This Homestyle Potato Salad recipe comes straight from Mom's recipe box. Tender chunks of potatoes and eggs covered in creamy dressing is tried and true and a hit at any gathering! You can have Homestyle potato salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Homestyle potato salad
- It’s 5 of medium potatoes, Russet or red.
- It’s 8 of eggs, hard boiled (save 2 eggs to use for garnish on salad).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 c. of mayonnaise or Miracle Whip.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of sour cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 c. of sweet pickle relish, or 5 to 6 diced baby dill pickles, i.
- It’s of Dill weed or paprika optional.
- It’s of Chopped red or green onions optional.
- You need of Chopped celery optional.
Homestyle Potato Salad: While this is a wonderful summer salad, if you love potato salad you know it's great all year round. In warmer days serve it chilled and in cooler days serve it warm. Creamy potato salad is a the perfect side dish for your summer gatherings. Serve it beside grilled ribs. "Making homestyle potato chips is fun and easy.
Homestyle potato salad instructions
- Boil potatoes with peel on for about 40 minutes until potatoes are tender, but still firm. If you are using red potatoes, boil 25-30 minutes..
- Peel and dice potatoes and 6 eggs..
- Add salt and pepper and toss..
- Mix remaining ingredients separately and fold into potato mixture..
- Slice remaining 2 eggs and layer on top of salad. Sprinkle top of salad with dill weed or paprika..
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 6-8 hours)..
A food processor with a slicing attachment is very helpful. Experiment with the thickness; you may like them thicker or. Potato salad is a year-round favorite. The ingredient variations are endless, and the dish provides a tasty and complementary side for almost any entrée. This homestyle version is a "go-to" for me in my. salads sides.