Serious Potato Salad FUSF. Based on a Serious Eats recipe, this potato salad showcases the variety of potato you use, so choose carefully! It's a little more work than just boiling, but the flavor payout is worth it. In a good potato salad, the pieces of potato should be seasoned all the way through to the core.
This easy, creamy, crunchy, classic potato salad recipe is just like my mom used to make. Any other "imposter" potato salad gets a serious side eye. This potato salad recipe was the closest I could get to Mrs. You can cook Serious Potato Salad FUSF using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Serious Potato Salad FUSF
- Prepare 4 lbs of potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 7 tbsp of rice wine vinegar, divided.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced red onion.
- You need 3/4 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 6 of scallions, sliced thinly.
- It’s 3 tbsp of whole grain mustard.
- Prepare of To taste: salt and pepper.
Ingrid's secret recipe although I still feel a hint of something is missing. Maybe a bit of clove from the sweet relish or a tad of sugar? Roasted Potato & Green Bean Salad. I made this salad to take advantage of seasonal potatoes, onions and green beans.
Serious Potato Salad FUSF step by step
- Peel and cut potatoes in 3/4 inch cubes..
- Place in large pot with 2 quarts cold water, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp salt and 2 tbsp rice vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer until just tender, approximately 12 minutes..
- Drain and spread out on rimmed baking sheet in single layer. Sprinkle with 3 tbsp of rice vinegar. Let cool on counter for 30 minutes..
- In a large bowl place 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, red onion, celery and scallions. Mix thoroughly..
- Add potatoes. Coat with sauce, season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours..
It's a perfect twist on the This old-fashioned potato salad recipe doesn't have many ingredients, so it isn't as colorful as many that you find nowadays. Potato salads get a bad rap because we usually associate them with what we find in the grocery store. But these potato salad recipes are way healthier, you'll see. Full of potatoes' besties—sour cream (use Greek yogurt for a lighter spin), bacon, and cheddar cheese—this dish is the perfect flavorful side. Raisin Potato Salad is an Internet Slang term to describe unnecessary actions taken by white people, usually adding their spin on examples of black popular culture.