Classic Potato Salad. Most potato salads look and taste better when made with low-starch red boiling potatoes. For Classic American-Style Potato Salad, you can use any size of this variety, but the small new. A classic potato salad is a must have at every picnic and barbecue and this is the best of the best.
This classic potato salad is what you want! It's made with boiled potatoes, sour cream, mayo, green onions, celery, parsley, pickles and Going to a cookout? This classic potato salad is what you want! You can have Classic Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Classic Potato Salad
- Prepare 3 of large russet potatoes.
- It’s 1 of celery stock – diced.
- You need 2 of Green onion – chopped.
- You need 4 of eggs – hard boiled, then diced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of real mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of mustard.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper – to your liking.
- It’s 1 of sprinkle of paprika (Optional garnish).
Get back to basics with a traditional potato salad featuring chopped celery, sweet pickle relish, and eggs combined with a tangy. When it comes to cooking the potatoes, I take the traditional approach: chop them up and simmer them in water until tender. I make this classic potato salad a lot for pot lucks and picnics. Boil peeled potatoes in salted water until done.
Classic Potato Salad instructions
- Wash, peel, & boil potatoes. Approx. 10-15 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork – do not over cook as you don’t want them overly mushy. Once cooked, drain, & cube to desired size..
- In a large mixing bowl combine the celery, green onion, eggs, mayo, mustard & vinegar. (I personally add an extra heaping spoonful of mayo & a squirt of spicy mustard to the mix)..
- Once ingredients in step 2 are combined toss in the potatoes, fold gently until well mixed. Salt & Pepper to taste (add additional mayo if needed)..
- Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with paprika!.
My classic potato salad recipe is made with tender potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar and a special blend of seasonings. It's the best best potato with egg ever! The ingredients for classic potato salad start with basic staples found in almost any kitchen: potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, celery, onion and mayonnaise. With these ingredients as the backbone. This classic version of creamy American potato salad combines Yukon Gold potatoes with onion, celery, hard-cooked eggs, and capers in a sour-cream dresing with Champagne vinegar.