Warm potato and chard salad. While potatoes are cooking, get out a frying pan and saute your other ingredients. First, cook up your bacon then set it aside. Stephanie: Just read your Warm Potato Salad and will try it next week.
Warm Potato Salad – Crisp bacon with a Dijon vinaigrette and fresh dill with soft boiled eggs make for the best warm potato salad ever. Mom would get the classic potato salad from our local grocery store. Loaded with mayo, hard boiled eggs and tons of celery. You can have Warm potato and chard salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Warm potato and chard salad
- It’s 6 of baby potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of chard, stems and leaves separated and chopped.
- It’s 1 of pepper, (green, red, yellow, whichever you prefer :).
- You need 1 of spring onion, thinly chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of evoo.
- Prepare 1 dash of red hot pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 of some shaved parmiggiano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of linseeds (or pumpkin seeds).
They for sure didn't look like this. To serve chop the potatoes and scatter on a large plate. Dress the salad leaves with a little of the shallot dressing and drizzle the remainder over the potatoes. Warm Potato Salad. featured in Hearty Potato Salads.
Warm potato and chard salad step by step
- First boil the potatoes. I added some dry thyme to the water..
- Once boiled, let them cool and slice them..
- While the potatoes boil prepare the vegetables. Cut the onion. (You may sub. with shallot or scallions.).
- Then dice the pepper. Mince the garlic and prepare the chard. (I found time to take all these photos :)).
- In a pan heat the evoo with the hot pepper flakes in it. Then add the potatoes. Let them brown a little, 6-8 minutes..
- Then add the pepper and the chard stems. Let them sweat for 5-6 minutes. Afterwards, add the chard leaves, spring onion and garlic. After 1 min. add the wine. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Place on a plate. Garnish with parsley, parmiggiano and linseeds. Enjoy!.
Spread potatoes out on a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roll potatoes around so that they are all coated. Warm steak and potatoes, served on a bed of greens and tomatoes with a red wine vinaigrette — comfort food without the guilt. Every potluck needs this German Potato Salad from Delish.com. Unlike the cold, creamy mayo-dressed picnic staple, German potato salad is served warm with a bacon vinaigrette.