Canned dill pickle asparagus. Use the freshest asparagus for best color. These make great appetizers or garnishes. They look so pretty all 'canned up'!
This is the best crisp pickled asparagus recipe out there and the first thing to meet my canning jars come springtime. Garlic and dill are paired with a salty. Wash the asparagus and cut the bottom of the stem off so that the asparagus fits into the quart jar. You can have Canned dill pickle asparagus using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Canned dill pickle asparagus
- Prepare 5 lb of Asparagus.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Pickling Spice.
- You need 4 tsp of Red Pepper.
- Prepare 14 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 4 each of Garlic Clove.
- You need 4 each of Empty Quart Canning Jars.
- It’s 7 tbsp of Dill Weed.
- It’s 2 quart of White Vinegar.
- You need 2 quart of Water.
You can decide if you want to mince these or leave them in slices, they both pickle nicely. Fill the jar up with the brine covering the asparagus, dill, and garlic. Dilly Pickled Asparagus Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Place asparagus in a large container; cover with ice water.
Canned dill pickle asparagus step by step
- Combine the water and vinegar and start to boil with 10 tablespoons of salt..
- Remove the cloves from the pickling spice. Add the pickling spice to water and vinegar. Also add 3 teaspoons dill weed. Add 1ea tsp dill to each jar..
- Add 1 teaspoon of red pepper to water and vinegar if you want pepper. Also 1 teaspoon of pepper to each jar of you want..
- Put Asparagus into jars head down. Add 1 clove of garlic each..
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to each jar..
- Once brine has been at a rolling boil for at least 10 minutes, strain spice out. Add to asparagus jars, seal hand tight and sit for 3 weeks. G2g.
How long do you recomend I let the sit before trying? Easily make & can your own asparagus pickles to use in salads, appetizers and cheese plates with these instructions for pickling and canning asparagus. Guide for Pickling & Canning Asparagus. Pickled asparagus is delicious, and this recipe was given to me by my best friend, Carole. We get our asparagus in the spring from the Yakima Valley in central WA.