Fig jam. Making and canning your own fig jam is easy. If you've never tasted it, homemade fig jam is quite amazing. If you like strawberry jam, you'll love fig jam.
This fig jam is so delicious and so easy and quick to make with sun-dried figs. I love the enhanced figgie flavor from the dried figs, the hint of lemon and the crunchy seeds of this sweet treat! This homemade fig jam recipe is made without pectin. You can have Fig jam using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig jam
- You need 1 Kg of dried fig.
- It’s 500 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 spoon of honey.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
The figs are combined with lemon juice and sugar and then simmered until it reaches the gel stage. This supersimple fig jam recipe—just figs, sugar and lemon juice—can be easily upgraded with white port and rosemary for an extra special treat. Fig jam is a delightful accompaniment to a cheese platter, cheesecake or fresh bread. While it's available in the stores, you can't beat the flavor of freshly made jam from ripe figs.
Fig jam step by step
- Boil the sugar, water and lemon until thick.
- You might need to add more water depending on the type of figs..
- Before the fig becomes thick and sticks together, add a tablespoon of natural honey, almonds and walnuts as desired.
- Leave for about ten minutes on low heat..
- Let the jam cool and store in jars..
- Made by: Rania Issa.
Fig jam recipe with step by step photos – This easy, delicious and healthy jam is made with fresh figs and powdered jaggery. In the absence of jaggery, you can use sugar though. There is something comfortably familiar about fig jam. If you love homemade jam and you've got some fresh figs handy, then this easy fig jam recipe is just what you need. Whether you buy fresh figs at the store.