Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad.
You can cook Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad
- Prepare 5 of extra large potatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 of copped onion, more or less to your preferance.
- You need 6 of pieces of bacon.
- It’s 4 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar, others to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayo or miracle whip.
Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad instructions
- Boil potatoes till tender, peel and cut into chunks.
- Fry bacon in large skillet until crisp, remove from pan to paper towel to drain, do not drain bacon grease from pan.
- combine lightly beaten eggs, sugar, salt, vinegar and milk or cream in small bowl.
- in bowl combine eggs sugar salt vinegar n milk, pour into pan with bacon grease cook on medium low until custard consistency, stirring often.
- remove from from heat add bacon, crumbled and toss over potatoes.
- let cool, then add mayo and onions.
- refrigerate for at least 1 hr to let flavors combine.