German potato salad. German Potato Salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in Southern Germany. In Northern Germany, the dish is different and more similar to an American style potato salad with mayonnaise. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite.
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. You can cook German potato salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German potato salad
- It’s 4 lb of red potatoes presliced thin 1/8 inch thick.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of baslamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 large of onion sliced thin 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of green papaya powder /dry mustard powder.
- It’s 1/3 lb of bacon chopped.
- Prepare 1 of water to boil potatoes.
German Potato Salad is always a hit any time of year. Most often served warm, this easy This potato salad is made similarly to a warm potato salad. Cube and boil potatoes and while they're. Every potluck needs this German Potato Salad from Delish.com.
German potato salad step by step
- put potatoes in a pan cover with water boil till done but still firm if red potatoes leave skins on drain put aside.
- put bacon in pan fry half done add onions stir till slightly brown add balsamic vinegar to deglaze pan add salt green papaya powder or dry mustard powder I substituted because I didn't have mustard powder..
- add vinegar water take 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar add cornstarch mix well when vinegar water sugar mixture boil add cornstarch mixed with apple cider vinegar..
- add potatoes and stir cornstarch mixture will thicken everything.
Unlike the cold, creamy mayo-dressed picnic staple, German potato salad is served warm with a bacon vinaigrette. German potato salad is a traditional potato side dish brought over to the United States by immigrants from southern Germany. Unlike American potato salad, which is made with a mayonnaise-based. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and This Easy German Potato Salad is a short-cut version that my German grandma used to make for us. ► Воспроизвести все. German Potato Salad Recipe : Boil Potatoes for German Potato Salad.