Mom's Potato Salad. Mom's Dill Potato Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mom's Potato Salad an easy side dish that is loaded with eggs, pickles, and celery. I think this potato salad right here was the first time I have actually measured everything before I stirred it in.
This potato salad is the best I've ever tasted. It was a favorite when I was growing up, and now it's requested whenever we throw a family barbecue. Warm potato salad with Yukon Gold potatoes, celery, red onion, olives, parsley, and a simple rice vinegar vinaigrette. You can have Mom's Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Potato Salad
- Prepare 5 lb of red potatoes.
- You need 1 large of shallot (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of good mayonnaise.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 dash of celery salt.
- It’s 1 dash of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1 of Salt & Pepper to taste.
Make mom proud with this recipe for the perfect potato salad. No backyard BBQ is complete The secret to this delicious potato salad recipe is the dressing, a simple blend of mayonnaise and sour. For me, this potato salad spells summer. My mother has some serious potato salad juju, and for years I've been trying to make it exactly right.
Mom's Potato Salad instructions
- Boil potatoes until fork tender and let cool completely..
- Peel potato skins if desired and cut into bite size pieces..
- Combine all other ingredients and mix well. (Sometimes I add more of the dressing, sometimes less. Adjust the amount and tweek ingredients to your liking).
- Pour dressing over potatoes and gently coat everything..
- Refrigerate until cold..
I figured out the two key things — the combo of celery and. Mom's Potato Salad recipe: This Potato Salad recipe is the way my mom prepared this. She didn't have a written recipe, so I've re-created this based on watching her and asking her. Memorial Day is coming up and we got you covered with the perfect party recipe! Your summer cookout this year will be taken to the next level with this bomb AF potato salad!