Fig Coffee Cake. Take advantage of the fig season and try this easy coffee cake recipe 😊. Cut the figs in half and press them down into the cake. Fig cake (Greek: sikopita) is a cake prepared with fig as a primary ingredient.
Be the first to review this recipe. Recipe by southern chef in lo. Top with half of the fig mixture. You can cook Fig Coffee Cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fig Coffee Cake
- Prepare 1 of cup/120g flour.
- It’s 1 of cup/100g ground almonds.
- You need 0.3 of cup/60g brown sugar.
- You need 0.5 of cup/50g shredded coconut.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 0.4 of cup/100ml melted coconut oil.
- Prepare 6-7 of figs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare of fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of 8×8 inch (20x20cm) baking dish.
It is not overly sweet and a very. Cornbread Coffee Cake with Fresh Figs and Walnut StreuselTim Robison. Southern chef Vivian Howard developed this cake with breakfast in mind, maybe something to share with family over coffee. A delicious ricotta coffee cake with figs.
Fig Coffee Cake instructions
- Place the shredded coconut (half cup) in a medium-sized bowl, add half teaspoon of cinnamon, half teaspoon of minced ginger, a tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. Mix and set aside..
- In a mixer bowl, place the flour (1 cup), ground almonds (1 cup), baking powder (2 teaspoons) and brown sugar (0.2 cup). Mix. Add half teaspoon of cinnamon and half teaspoon of minced ginger. Mix again..
- Slightly beat the eggs. With the mixer running on low speed, gradually add the eggs and then pour in melted coconut oil (0.3 cups). Mix until all the ingredients are well combined..
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease the baking dish and line it with baking paper. Pour in the batter and distribute it evenly. Distribute the coconut mixture (Step 1) on top. Cut the figs in half and press them down into the cake..
- Bake for about 45 minutes, then keep in the warm oven for 10 more minutes. Once the cake has cooled down, sprinkle some more shredded coconut on top..
Fig Coffee Cake is moist and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Fresh figs, oats, and sliced almonds make a coffee cake with streusel topping you will love. If you need a go-to cake recipe that is easy, super adaptable and extra yummy, look no further than my Easy Fig Cake. The magic is really in the batter because it works so well with any fresh fruit that is in. Super Simple Chocolate Coffee Biscuit Cake.