Potato Salad w/ Bacon. This is a creamy potato salad made with bacon and Dijon mustard that's great the second day too. All Reviews for Potato and Bacon Salad. Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
Every time someone is firing up the grill it seems someone is bringing a store-bought potato salad. With this Southern Style Potato Salad I garnish it with bacon on top too – so that gives it even more flavor and a great crunch. Yukon Gold potatoes, bacon, onions, and chopped apple make this salty-sweet potato salad with apples a standout. You can cook Potato Salad w/ Bacon using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Potato Salad w/ Bacon
- Prepare 10 of small potatoes boiled, peeled, chilled and diced.
- It’s 10 of eggs hard boiled, peeled, and chilled and sliced.
- It’s 1 lb of bacon fried crisp, drained, and cooled at room temp.
- You need 1/2 cup of green onions chopped or sweet onion.
- You need 3/4 cup of celery chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of dill pickles diced.
- Prepare 1 can of black olives sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt and no more! Bacon is salty.
- Prepare 2 1/3 cup of Mayonnaise (approx. amount).
This is a completely different take on a summer potato salad, seasoned with mustard, bacon, and the taste that makes you smile with surprise when you bite into it – chunks of. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Stir together mayonnaise and sour cream until blended. My young nephew refuses to eat any potato salad but mine!
Potato Salad w/ Bacon step by step
- Place potatoes in stock pot with skins on submerged in water..
- Bring water and potatoes to a full boil, cover with lid, turn burner off, and let potatoes sit in hot water approximately 10 minutes before removing from water. Check for doneness with a meat fork. Potatoes should be firm but still allowing fork to be inserted..
- Let potatoes cool with skins on, then peel and set in refrigerator to chill..
- Boil eggs at a rolling boil for 12-15 minutes to insure eggs are hard boiled..
- When eggs are done, let sit in cold water to cool, then peel, and place in refrigerator to chill..
- While potatoes, eggs, and bacon are cooling, prepare all other ingredients and set aside for when needed..
- Once all ingredients are cool and prepared according to instructions, mix everything including seasonings in a large bowl including approximately 2 1/3 Cups of mayonaise. Amount of mayonaise will vary depending on bulk of the potatoes..
- Chill covered in bowl until ready to serve. Enjoy!.
Italian salad dressing, sour cream and bacon give it a one-of-a-kind flavor. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon, egg whites, celery, onions and Italian dressing. This potato salad gets all its flavor from bacon. The smoky fat is rendered out of the bacon as it browns, and it's the perfect base to use in a vinaigrette instead of oil. Whisk in some apple cider vinegar, a dollop of Dijon mustard, and some fresh scallions, and you've got a tasty dressing that the.