Aunt Janet Potato Salad. Great recipe for Aunt Janet Potato Salad. My husbands Aunt Janets' potato salad to bring back childhood memories. Peel and dice potatoes, place in pot of water to boil.
Add additional mayo if the salad looks dry. The potatoes are roughly mashed, so it's kind of like mashed potatoes with all the colorful ingredients. It's creamy and smooth, but with added chunky Potato salad is another import of western cuisine (known as yoshoku) that is highly embraced by the Japanese. You can cook Aunt Janet Potato Salad using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aunt Janet Potato Salad
- It’s 4 lb of potatoes.
- It’s 5 of dill pickle spears.
- It’s 1 small of onion.
- You need 1/2 large of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 2 cup of mayo.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper (to taste).
Bring to a boil over high heat. Secondly, potato salad already isn't the most photogenic food, and I was just starting out so you can imagine just how unappetizing it looked. Aunt Penny's Potato Salad is essentially a classic mustard potato salad with onion, hard boiled eggs and celery. It's simple, delicious and I've been loving this.
Aunt Janet Potato Salad step by step
- Peel and dice potatoes, place in pot of water to boil..
- Boil potatoes till fork tender. 15-20 mins.
- Be sure to watch potatoes closely so the aren't to tender. You don't want mashed potato salad. :).
- Drain potatoes and let cool 20 mins..
- While potatoes are cooling, cut dill pickle spears in half length wise and then dice into small pieces..
- Place in a large bowl. Do same with green bell pepper..
- Add cooled potatoes..
- Add mustard, mayor and pepper.
- Mix well..
- Chill and serve..
Creamy, soulful Southern potato salad recipe. Made with simple ingredients with old-fashioned flavor. I attended my little cousins birthday party and Mrs. Ingrid's potato salad sat proudly on the table. My aunt was lucky enough to get her to make a huge batch for the party.