German Potato Salad. German Potato Salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in Southern Germany. In Northern Germany, the dish is different and more similar to an American style potato salad with mayonnaise. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite.
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. You can cook German Potato Salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad
- You need 12 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 8 slice of pepper bacon.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dill relish.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dry mustard.
German Potato Salad is always a hit any time of year. Most often served warm, this easy This potato salad is made similarly to a warm potato salad. Cube and boil potatoes and while they're. Every potluck needs this German Potato Salad from Delish.com.
German Potato Salad instructions
- Cook potatoes in jackets until fork tender. Peel and slice while hot. Add to serving bowl..
- Take scissors and cut bacon into little pieces. Crisp in pan. Take bacon out leaving grease in the pan..
- Add onion and celery to pan and saute till golden..
- Turn off heat and add relish to pan..
- Heat water, vinegar, sugar, salt, paprika and dry mustard to boiling..
- Combine all ingredients together. Allow to sit for awhile for flavors to marry. Serve hot. Even better the next day!.
Unlike the cold, creamy mayo-dressed picnic staple, German potato salad is served warm with a bacon vinaigrette. German potato salad is a traditional potato side dish brought over to the United States by immigrants from southern Germany. Unlike American potato salad, which is made with a mayonnaise-based. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and This Easy German Potato Salad is a short-cut version that my German grandma used to make for us. ► Воспроизвести все. German Potato Salad Recipe : Boil Potatoes for German Potato Salad.