Southern Potato Salad. This potato salad with a southern twist is perfect for a church supper or potluck. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
The best Southern potato salad uses pretty much the same traditional ingredients: potatoes, mayo Southern Crowd Pleasing Potato Salad. Southern-style pototo salad recipe made the traditional. Potato salad reminds me so much of my Mama. You can have Southern Potato Salad using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Southern Potato Salad
- You need 5 large of Red potatoes.
- You need 2 of stock Celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of Onion chopped.
- It’s 1 small of Green bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- You need 6 slice of Bacon.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Yellow or brown mustard.
- You need 1 of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of Crab and shrimp boil seasoning.
- You need 1 of Green onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet relish.
This recipe is basically the same as hers – simple, basic, southern potato salad. Nothin' fancy or highfalutin' – just potatoes, eggs, onion, celery. Southern Style Potato Salad has a creamy and tangy dressing that has both mayonnaise and mustard, plus plenty of texture from the finely diced celery and sweet relish. I start my Southern Potato Salad with regular russet potatoes.
Southern Potato Salad step by step
- Bring water in large pot to a boil add a pinch of salt and dash of crab and shrimp boil seasoning. Wash and cube potatoes add to boiling water and cook until you can stick them with fork. (Should not be too soft or potatoes will turn mushy in salad) Add eggs gently, and immediately after you add potatoes..
- When potatoes are done drain DO NOT RINSE, place eggs in cool water and let potatoes cool. Finely chop celery, onions, green bell peppers, and bacon (save some bacon bits for top garnish) put in large serving bowl. Add cooled potatoes (it's ok if they are still a little warm) sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper toss to coat evenly..
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, relish (to your preference of taste) toss gently to coat. Add sliced eggs toss once more. Garnish with green onions and bacon bits. Enjoy!.
- Notes: You can use powder or liquid crab and shrimp boil seasoning. To add a little kick use spicy brown mustard and dash of paprika. This is also great served with Cajun Stew!.
I cut any large ones in half so that they cook faster and I don't bother peeling them until they're done cooking. Пропустить. Месяц бесплатно. This classic potato salad recipe is the quintessential Southern side dish; it often makes an Here's a tip: be sure to let the potatoes cool before adding them into the recipe. This will help you achieve the. Southern Mustard Potato Salad Cooking Tips. Like so many other dishes, Potato Salad is one of those dishes that determines just how good of a "Southern Cook" you really are.