Bavarian potato salad / fusion style. Great recipe for Bavarian potato salad / fusion style. Also nice as vegan dish if you leave the bacon out. Cut potatoes to bite size pieces.
Bavarian Potato Salad is made with vinegar, oil, and broth! It's much lighter than the mayonnaise version and makes a great side for any German dish like Schnitzel or Bratwurst! In Germany, we have many ways of making potato salad but my favorite is this one. You can cook Bavarian potato salad / fusion style using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Bavarian potato salad / fusion style
- Prepare 2 of peaches.
- You need 1 can of chick peas.
- You need 1 of sweet potato.
- Prepare 1 lb of small potatoes.
- Prepare 1 bunch of rocket.
- You need 200 grams of pork belly (optional).
- You need 80 ml of white wine vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper.
Learn how to make an all-time favorite Bavarian style potato salad with bacon. This potato salad makes not only a great side to any German meal but is great addition for your next BBQ too. A Bavarian potato salad always has a slight sweet and sour taste. Also very important: do not leave out the butter, it changes the taste significantly.
Bavarian potato salad / fusion style instructions
- Cut potatoes to bite size pieces. You dont need to peal the normal potatoes if they got thin skins. Cook till the are soft..
- Dice the pork belly bacon and brown in a pan..
- Dice the peaches and mix with other ingredients in a large bowl. Add vinegar, oil and spices. Sweeten with sugar or maple syrup if wanted..
- Add rocket last. If you leave out the bacon this is a very nice vegan dish as well..
Boil the potatoes, slice while still warm and add broth. Mix vinegar with salt, pepper and sugar. Sugar and salt should be dissolved before adding the oil. Try this Bavarian-style Hot Potato Salad recipe, or contribute your own. This recipe came from an estate sale.