Olivier Salad (aka Russian Potato Salad).
You can have Olivier Salad (aka Russian Potato Salad) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Olivier Salad (aka Russian Potato Salad)
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of red potatoes skin on.
- It’s 2 large of carrots peeled & diced.
- It’s 2 large of celery stalks diced.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1 cup of diced pickles (I like claussen).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of dijon mustard (yellow is fine).
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayo.
- Prepare 4 of boiled eggs (peeled and chopped).
- You need 1 of green apple diced (grannysmith).
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste (start with a teaspoon).
Olivier Salad (aka Russian Potato Salad) step by step
- Get your potatoes boiled until cooked through. About 30 to 40 min once boiling starts. Check doneness by placing a knife through potatoe… Should slide right off the knife when done. Peel the skin off the potatoe after its cooked. The skin should slide right off. Some people prefer boiling with out the skin, but that makes the potatoes watery and mushier. You decide..
- Drain potatoes. Let potatoes cool until you can handle them. About 30 min. Dice potatoes and place in a very large bowl..
- Add your carrots, celery and peas to a small pot with water and boil for 5 min. Drain water..
- Add all of your ingredients to the potatoes and mix very well. Taste. Add more salt until it reaches desired seasoning..
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight. Serve as a potatoe salad side dish..
- As the salad sits over night the flavors will come together and you won't believe how amazing this potatoe salad is!.