Potato salad, simple easy. Easy creamy potato salad recipe with lots of tips for making it best, including the best potatoes to use and how to cook them. See how to make our homemade potato salad with a simple classic dressing. Jump to the Easy Potato Salad Recipe or watch our quick video showing how we make it.
This recipe appeared first on The Recipe Critic. Summer is in full force over here and we're allllll about easy! We use new potatoes in our potato salad recipes. You can cook Potato salad, simple easy using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Potato salad, simple easy
- It’s of potatoes.
- It’s 7 large of potatoes.
- You need 6 quart of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of dressing.
- You need 1/2 cup of celery.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated onion.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sweet cubed pickles.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 2/3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yellow prepared mustard.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Hungarian paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
Drain and cool until just warm, then toss with one of these potato salad dressings. This classic potato salad is what you want! It's made with boiled potatoes, sour cream, mayo, green onions, celery, parsley, pickles and bacon. What I love about potato salad is that it serves a lot of people without a lot of effort, and it's so easy to make a good one.
Potato salad, simple easy instructions
- Peel, wash, and dice the potatoes. In a pot add water salt and oil boil till fork tender..
- In a bowl add grated onion, sweet pickles, garlic, oil, celery, sour cream mustard mix well.
- Add potatoes mix with dressing add salt, pepper, Hungarian paprika. Mix well.
- When throughly mixed garnish on top with smoked paprika.
- If you want your potato salad not as wet cut back on the mayonnaise about half to three quarters of a cup.
I love using Yukon golds, though. There are only three ingredients – potatoes, eggs and mayonnaise. Another reason it because it's so easy. I agree its laking seasoning but I added salt and pepper and it's delicious. Perfect for those days when you just want potato salad but can't be bothered to make it from scratch, yet don't want the garbage you get at the grocery store.