Potato Salad. Potato salad can be served right away, or refrigerated until ready to serve. Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course.
Easy creamy potato salad recipe with lots of tips for making it best, including the best potatoes to use Hands down, this is my favorite creamy potato salad recipe (and so many of our readers agree. A potato salad recipe is perfect side dish to serve at a picnic or barbecue – choose from a mayonnaise-loaded version or a Jersey Royals in a simple dressing. Looking for an easy potato salad recipe? You can cook Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad
- It’s 1 kg of potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 150 grams of shortcut bacon, diced.
- Prepare 70 grams of whole-egg mayonnaise.
- It’s 45 grams of light sour cream.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 4 each of Green shallots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh dill, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of capers, drained.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Potato salad is a classic American comfort food great for any occasion. Try your hand at one of these recipes for your next party, picnic or potluck! Find the best potato salad recipes listed first so you find the recipe you want fast. These fresh and tasty potato salad recipes are ideal for serving along any protein that's gracing your grill this summer.
Potato Salad instructions
- Put potatoes in large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and cook for 10 minutes – until potatoes are just cooked. Drain and allow to cool..
- Heat small frying pan and cook bacon until slightly crispy. (Bacon can be omitted if desired).
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream and crushed garlic..
- Once potatoes have cooled, add to bowl along with bacon, shallots, dill and capers. Mix to combine and season with salt and pepper..
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed. Can be garnished with a sliced boiled egg if desired..
Here's every idea you need to make the Below, find our classic potato salad recipe. This is packed with hard boiled eggs (which we. Potato salad is one of summer's essentials. Easy to whip up for a crowd, potato salads are reliable and so darn delicious. So whether you're hosting or attending a summer party—or getting weeknight.