Blue Cheese Potato Salad. This satisfying potato salad uses waxy-fleshed red potatoes, tangy blue cheese, peppery green onions and crunchy bits of I cooked red potatoes in a microwave just like baked potatoes.then I substituted chives for green onions and imitation bacon bits for real bacon. I'm not crazy about potato salad, but this one is definitely the exception. It's creamy and the flavor is wonderful.
Try my tasty blue cheese spin on classic potato salad. You can easily double the recipe for large picnics or potlucks. —Jennifer Lewis, Britton, Michigan. In fact, this recipe for blue cheese potato salad is so simple, so quick, and so tasty that it's sure to become your go-to side dish for parties and backyard But they melt easily and make great sauces for pasta and even potatoes. You can have Blue Cheese Potato Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blue Cheese Potato Salad
- It’s 1 kg of potatoes, peeled and diced into large pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken stock or 1 stock cube.
- It’s 4 of or more rashers streaky bacon.
- It’s 120 grams of blue cheese.
- You need 1/2 of small spanish onion, finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of sweet gherkins, finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of greek yoghurt.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. I use KRAFT mayo, the tangy kind, not whole egg for this.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of finely sliced fresh chives.
- You need of ground black pepper.
The recipe here calls for Stilton, but it is expensive and hard to find, so feel. potato salad with chives was a whole heaping lot of fried chicken, potatoes, gravy, and biscuits. This twist on the classic potato salad relies on sour cream for its creaminess rather than mayo and features the tang of blue cheese and bright flavors of fresh chives to bring it all together. Cook diced potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Mix with the celery and onion.
Blue Cheese Potato Salad step by step
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add stock to water and bring to the boil. Cook potatoes for approx 15 mins, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in heated frying pan until crisp. Place on paper towel and set aside.
- Combine yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl. If you like the cheese to have texture, crumble into the mixture. If you want the cheese to add a dimension of flavour without the texture, blitz in a food processer. Add the chives and mix well.
- Place potatoes, onion and gherkins in a large serving bowl. Crumble the bacon through as you go. Pour over the cheese dressing and mix thoroughly. Enjoy as a tasty side.
View top rated Blue cheese potatoe salad recipes with ratings and reviews. Blue Cheese Potato Salad, Blue Cheese Potato Salad, No-Cook Blue Cheese Potato Salad, etc. Blue Cheese Potato Salad. posted by Christy Denney And this is a mayonnaise free potato salad so it's safe and great for those fourth of july barbecues. As long as you don't add the extra tablespoon of blue cheese dressing that I did.