Loaded gourmet style potato salad. I ate lunch there almost every day and always ordered the potato salad. When the owner learned I was getting married, he gave me the recipe as a wedding gift! —Violette Klevorn, Washington, Missouri. Baked potatoes, crispy bacon and sharp Cheddar are tossed in a tangy sour cream dressing to create the ultimate summery potato salad that tastes exactly like the loaded winter favorite.
Potato salad reminds me so much of my Mama. This recipe is basically the same as hers – simple, basic, southern potato salad. Southern Style Potato Salad has a creamy and tangy dressing that has both mayonnaise and mustard, plus plenty of texture from the finely diced celery and Place the cooked and cooled potatoes in a large bowl along with the diced celery, sliced green onion, and diced eggs. You can have Loaded gourmet style potato salad using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Loaded gourmet style potato salad
- You need 5 lb of red potatoes.
- You need 4 of boiled eggs, chopped.
- Prepare 15 oz of Olive oil based miracle whip.
- You need 6 of strips bacon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sliced green onion, separated.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar.
- Prepare 10 oz of sour cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of yellow onion, diced small.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of roasted garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of sweet pickle relish.
Loaded Ranch Potato Salad is a creamy potato salad full of bacon, cheddar cheese, and Ranch seasoning. You can't go wrong with that flavor combination. It's the perfect side for you next cookout or potluck. Warm weather isn't too far away and that means it's time to start thinking about picnics and.
Loaded gourmet style potato salad step by step
- Clean and cut potatoes into bite size pieces. Don't peel them, it's better this way 🙂 cook till firm but done.
- Cook bacon with the small diced yellow onion. I cut the bacon up a little, it'll cook with the onions more evenly if you do..
- While the bacon and potatoes are cooking mix the miracle whip, most of the sliced green onion (save a little for garnish), the eggs, relish, pepper, sour cream, roasted garlic, and 3/4 cup (loosely measured) sharp cheddar, and celery seed in small/medium bowl..
- When the bacon is finished, cool and crumble and add to the miracle whip mixture. Tip; this also makes a really good dip for those chips with ridges 😉 should look roughly like this……
- When the potatoes are done, get them out of the hot water and rinse with very cold water. You want to stop the cooking process..
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl, make a well in the center and pour the miracle whip mixture in. Carefully fold the mix together. Garnish with the green onion and cheese. It's best if you make it a day ahead and let all those flavors 'marry' overnight..
Want a quick and easy southern style potato salad? This recipe is simple and loaded with delicious flavors. Makes the perfect side dish in no time at all. This beautiful riff on traditional French-style potato salad lets the tricolor potatoes shine with loads of herbs and olive oil instead of heavy mayo. Look for baby purple potatoes in the same-sized bags at gourmet grocers.