Festive potato salad. Every member of my family (my husband and I have two grown sons and a grandson) likes creamy-type potato salads. So I make mine often for many occasions. Do you know how important salads are to your Christmas diet?
Cilantro, celery, and onions add color and flavor. Learn how to make Festive potato salad and get the Smartpoints of the recipes. Roast potatoes are not the only spuds worthy of your festive table! You can cook Festive potato salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Festive potato salad
- It’s 1 medium of potato per person ( I used six small this time ).
- Prepare 2 medium of boiled eggs diced.
- It’s 1 small of diced red onion (about 1/2 cup +/-).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced sweet pepper (any color).
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen sweet peas, rinsed and shaken dry.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet pickle relish (or dill, whatever you prefer).
- It’s 2/3 cup of miracle whip (mayonnaise if you prefer).
- It’s of salt and pepper to taste.
Here is a fresh take on the super spud. Germans traditionally toss their potatoes in vinegar instead of mayo. Traditional Potato Salad made with Yukon Gold potatoes, hard boiled eggs, and a simple creamy dressing. This easy recipe has been a family favorite for years.
Festive potato salad step by step
- Wash potatoes. Place with eggs in large pot cover with water. Bring to boil. Boil until potatoes are fork tender..
- Remove potatoes from pan. Scrape off skin. Cut into quarters, then 1" pieces. Peel eggs, slice or dice..
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste. If not wet enough add miracle whip / mayo a tablespoon at a time until the consistency you like..
- Refrigerate a couple of hours for cooling and flavors to meld..
- Actually makes about 5 cups following the recipe..
Festive layered salad serving in glass from smoked chicken, egg, cucumber, carrot, potato and cheese Turkey salad and potato. Fruit salads are a party essential, and we absolutely love this fresh lemon-ginger one. Classic potato salad is welcome at any picnic or backyard barbecue. Japanese potato salad: a creamy potato salad of partially mashed potatoes dotted with crunchy carrots, cucumbers and scallions, and tossed with a zesty mustard-vinegar-mayo dressing. Potato Salad is certainly not a safe choice, as it is generally one of the most popular dishes at such an event.