Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja. My students were charged with cleaning out the crispers today. Salsa Roja is one of my favorites. As mentioned, Salsa Roja varies from restaurant to restaurant.
I haven't found a Salsa Roja I didn't like. This easy homemade salsa roja recipe is the ultimate Mexican salsa, perfect for tortillas, tacos and burritos, with tomatoes, jalapeno, lime juice and more. Our salsa provides more chunks with less liquid in every scoop. You can cook Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja
- Prepare of ● For The Salsa [all peppers deseeded].
- Prepare 1/2 of .LG Green Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of LG Red Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of LG Yellow Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of LG Orange Bell Pepper.
- You need 2 of LG Fresh Jalapeños.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 6 of Roma Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of Can Rotell [with green chilies].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Mediun Red Onion.
- It’s 7 Cloves of Fresh Garlic.
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [packed].
- Prepare 2 of LG Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of Can Vegetable Broth [as needed].
- Prepare of Baking Soda [add in 1/4 tsp increments to reduce acidity].
- You need of ● For The Additions.
- Prepare as needed of Tortilla Chips.
Slideshow: More Delicious Salsa Recipes Reprinted from ¡Buenos Nachos! by Gina Hamadey. Drizzle with plenty of olive oil and season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cilantro sprigs. Salsa roja, a simple yet flavorful Salvadoran cooked tomato sauce, is often served alongside pupusas and curtido. Puree the tomato sauce in a blender until smooth, adding a little water if needed.
Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja step by step
- Rough chop all vegetables and place everything in blender..
- Pulse mixture. Add vegetable broth if needed to thin salsa..
- Pour salsa into a pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1/4 tsp baking soda to simmering salsa to reduce any acid. Add additional baking soda if needed..
- This recipe makes approximately 6 half pint jars..
Add salt and pepper to taste, stir in cilantro if using and serve. Bistec en Salsa Roja (Steak in Red Salsa)Spicie Foodie. Sold by Texas Triangle Grove and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Flavor:Ghost Pepper Salsa – XXX Hot. Garlic, onion, red and green habanero peppers, chili, heirloom tomato, cilantro.