German Potato Salad. German Potato Salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in Southern Germany. In Northern Germany, the dish is different and more similar to an American style potato salad with mayonnaise. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite.
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. You can have German Potato Salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of German Potato Salad
- You need 6 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon, reserve the bacon fat.
- It’s 3/4 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of celery seed.
- You need Dash of pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Ground Mustard.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
German Potato Salad is always a hit any time of year. Most often served warm, this easy This potato salad is made similarly to a warm potato salad. Cube and boil potatoes and while they're. Every potluck needs this German Potato Salad from Delish.com.
German Potato Salad step by step
- Cut potatoes in half, place in a large pot, cover with water and boil until soft. Drain water from pot and allow potatoes to cool..
- Brown bacon slices on both sides until crisp in a large frying pan. Remove bacon and place on paper towel sheet. On medium heat, add the onions and sauté until soft in the bacon fat..
- Add the flour and blend. Add all the remaining ingredients and boil for 1 minute while stirring. Remove the pan from the heat. It will now thicken some. Stir a few times, season for taste, and set aside..
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel the skins with a peeler. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. With some potato chunks, cut again lengthwise. Now take all the chunks and make 1/4” slices crosswise. Begin placing them in a large bowl..
- Pour some of the pan gravy over the slices. Add more slices and then more gravy as you go. Top off the bowl of potato salad with crumpled bacon bits from the 4 or 5 slices left. You do have to taste-test 1 or 2 slices!.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly warmed..
Unlike the cold, creamy mayo-dressed picnic staple, German potato salad is served warm with a bacon vinaigrette. German potato salad is a traditional potato side dish brought over to the United States by immigrants from southern Germany. Unlike American potato salad, which is made with a mayonnaise-based. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and This Easy German Potato Salad is a short-cut version that my German grandma used to make for us. ► Воспроизвести все. German Potato Salad Recipe : Boil Potatoes for German Potato Salad.