Simple Fried Green Tomato's. I recall being served fried tomatoes for breakfast once, but they weren't green. Curious as usual, we found some big green tomatoes at the farmer's market last weekend and just had to try these fried green tomatoes. Green tomatoes are lightly coated in cornmeal and fried to a perfect light brown crispness.
The recipe is so simple, but the results are delicious! Fried Green Tomatoes – Simple, classic and absolutely delicious. This Southern fried green tomatoes recipe is simple and so delicious. You can cook Simple Fried Green Tomato's using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Simple Fried Green Tomato's
- You need of The Essentials.
- You need 3/4 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 2 medium of Fresh Green Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs, Whisked in bowl.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of White Corn Meal.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon & Pepper Seasoning.
- You need 1 dash of Oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
It allows the green tomato flavor to shine through but marries the tomatoes with a fantastic golden breading that crunches every single time you take a bite. How to Make Simple Fried Green Tomatoes. Make this classic Southern side in three simple steps: slice, coat, fry. Arrange the breaded tomatoes on a wire rack to set the coating as you go.
Simple Fried Green Tomato's instructions
- Pour Vegetable Oil into medium sized skillet and heat until the oil starts forming small bubbles. **You can also make these on a stand alone skillet. Preheat to 350°F and add vegetable oil and follow steps below**.
- Slice the Tomato into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix the White Corn Meal and other dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Dip the tomoato slices in the whisked egg. Then coat each tomato slice with the dry mixture..
- Turn the heat on the skillet down to medium and place tomato slices into skillet..
- Fry for approx 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown..
- Repeat steps 4-6 until tomatoes are all fried. Enjoy!.
Fried green tomatoes are a side dish usually found in the Southern United States, made from unripe (green) tomatoes coated with cornmeal and fried. One of the things I remember most about the novel is the food imagery. My mouth watered as author Fannie Flagg I wanted to keep things simple, so I mixed mayo with a little ketchup and cayenne. I thought I'd leave it to Tammy to be the taste tester. How to Make Simple Country Fried Green Tomatoes.