Grandma's potato salad. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the potatoes are. It's my grandma's treasured recipe. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. Our Fourth of July feast wouldn't be complete without this chilled old-fashioned potato salad.
Get this quintessential potato salad recipe, filled with boiled potatoes, onions, celery and tossed in a vinegary mayonnaise dressing. I like making potato salad, it reminds me of my grandmother, so today I wanted to share with you Grandma's Potato Salad. My grandmother was from Ireland, potatoes were her thing. You can have Grandma's potato salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's potato salad
- It’s 2 cup of potatos, cooked and diced (I've used yellow flesh).
- Prepare 2 cup of green beans, cooked and cut in 1" pieces.
- Prepare 2 cup of ham, cooked and diced (I've used old fashionned smoked ham).
- It’s 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of red radish, sliced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of old fashionned mustard.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoon of fresh basil, coarsly chopped (I've used purple basil).
- It’s to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
Grandma's Potato Salad is a recipe straight from my beautiful Grandma! It's an easy side dish that is perfect for entertaining! Today would be my grandmother's birthday. For a classic potato salad, this is hand's down the best I've ever tasted.
Grandma's potato salad instructions
- Mix all ingredients together.
It is time consuming, but the end result is definately worth it! Learn how to make Grandma's potato sald recipe. This recipe is an adaptation of grandma's potato salad recipes, that I have learned as a child and passed on to others. View top rated Grandma's potato salad recipes with ratings and reviews. Stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, pickle.