Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, Saffron Honey Jalebi, Nut Crumb and Grilled Fresh Figs.
You can have Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, Saffron Honey Jalebi, Nut Crumb and Grilled Fresh Figs using 36 ingredients and 7 steps. This is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, Saffron Honey Jalebi, Nut Crumb and Grilled Fresh Figs
- Prepare FOR of GINGER AND BAY LEAF ICE CREAM:.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 4-5 of fresh bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whipping cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s FOR of JALEBI BATTER:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chickpea flour (besan).
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain water or little more.
- You need FOR of JALEBI SYRUP:.
- Prepare Pinch of saffron threads.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 of whole cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cardamom pods.
- Prepare Few of edible rose petals.
- It’s 1/2 of Juice of a lemon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need As required of Canola oil, to deep-fry.
- Prepare FOR of NUT CRUMB:.
- It’s 15 gms of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pistachio, finely chopped.
- Prepare FOR of GRILLED FIGS:.
- Prepare 4-5 of fresh figs, stemmed and halved lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of canola oil.
- You need 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped fresh thyme.
Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, Saffron Honey Jalebi, Nut Crumb and Grilled Fresh Figs instructions
- For the Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, place the cream, milk, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, ginger, sugar, honey and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Set over medium low heat and bring to simmer. Remove from heat and strain into a pouring jug. Let it cool completely. Whip the cream to soft stiff peaks and fold this whipped cream to cooled mixture. Set aside, in freezer, until firm and ready for serving..
- For the Jalebi, to make batter, combine flours, baking powder, apple juice and water. Cover and set aside at room temperature overnight to rest. Next day, transfer the batter to a squeeze bottle..
- To make jalebi honey syrup, place saffron and 1 cup boiling water in a pan and set aside for 10 minutes to infuse. Add honey, cloves and cardamom and cook for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in lemon juice and add rose petals and set aside..
- Heat oil on medium heat and squeeze batter into oil in long spirals, working from the inside out. Cook, turning halfway, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon, dip in syrup for a minute, then remove and keep aside..
- For the nut crumb, place the honey and butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until melted and bubbling. Add the coconut and pistachios, and stir to combine. Spread over baking tray and bake at 160'C for 8 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside..
- For grilled figs, cook honey in a saucepan for 2 minutes or until colour darkens. Heat the grill pan to medium low. Brush the rounded side of figs with oil and cut sides with balsamic vinegar. Pour caramelised honey and thyme over the figs. Set the figs on the grill, cut side facing up. Cook until tops start to bubble and brown and the bottoms of the figs get light grill marks, 5 to 8 minutes..
- To serve, cut ice cream into slices, divide between plates. Add some pieces of the nut crumble and dots of the caramelised honey. Place a jalebi with some grilled figs over the ice cream and dizzle over the fig juices from the pan..