Spicy bacon, cucumber and potato salad. The bacon and cucumber salad on its own will make a great spicy snack or starter – I threw new potatoes in to a It turned out to be an excellent match, albeit veering into the fusion zone: potatoes with a Chinese salad? On the other hand apparently the Chinese are the number one consumer and. Serve a scoop of this hearty egg, cucumber, and bacon-filled potato salad alongside a burger or a sizzling steak.
A good source of vitamin C from the potatoes, this flavorful side salad, made with better-for-you products, can fit into your healthful eating plan. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! BLC (Bacon, Lettuce and Cucumber) with Spicy Cumin-Mint Mayo. You can have Spicy bacon, cucumber and potato salad using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Spicy bacon, cucumber and potato salad
- You need 1 lb. of Jersey Royal or other baby new potatoes.
- Prepare 150 g of (6-8 rashers) thick cut smoked streaky bacon.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of groundnut oil.
- Prepare 6 of long dried chilies.
- You need 2 tsp of Sichuan peppercorns.
- You need 1 of whole star anise.
- It’s 1 of red chili, de-seeded, finely chopped.
- You need 1-2 tbsp. of Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of rice vinegar or cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp. of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 200 g of cucumber, halved lengthways, de-seeded and sliced into 1cm chunks on the diagonal.
- You need 1 pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of chili oil, optional.
- It’s 1 of small handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped.
Be sure to peel the cucumbers, even if their skin is relatively thin. By exposing all of the cucumber's flesh to the dressing, it soaks up more flavor. Classic Fresh Purple Hull Peas Bacon and Tomato Macaroni Salad Instant Pot Green Beans, Potatoes and Andouille Grilled Squash with Herbs. This is a great potluck or picnic dish.
Spicy bacon, cucumber and potato salad instructions
- Scrub and wash the potatoes and boil them in plenty of salted water until tender – usually about 15 minutes. Drain and keep warm in the pan..
- Cut the bacon into 1 inch chunks. Heat the wok until almost smoking and add the oil, the dried chilies and the Sichuan peppercorns – make sure you have a window open or the extractor working full blast as these fumes will be deadly. Stir fry to release the flavours and then add the star anise..
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook stirring until it starts to brown around the edges. Stir in the chopped fresh chilli..
- Add the rice wine, the sesame oil and the vinegar, followed by the cucumber. Stir fry for a few seconds..
- Take the wok off the heat and stir in the potatoes. Season with salt, drizzle with lime juice and chili oil, if more heat is desired..
- Divide between bowls or plates and top with chopped coriander..
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil. While the sweet potatoes continue to roast, in a bowl, combine the sliced cabbage and radishes, furikake, mirin, half the vinegar, and a drizzle of olive oil. Assemble the bao using the buns, black garlic mayo, roasted sweet potatoes, and spicy cucumbers. Serve the bao with the slaw on the side. Peel potatoes and let steam evaporate before cutting into slices.