simple fried green tomatoes. I recall being served fried tomatoes for breakfast once, but they weren't green. Curious as usual, we found some big green tomatoes at the farmer's market last weekend and just had to try these fried green tomatoes. "Simple recipe for fried green tomatoes, perfect for appetizers or a unique fried green tomato B. T.!" Press tomato into cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess.
Fried Green Tomatoes – Simple, classic and absolutely delicious. This Southern fried green tomatoes recipe is simple and so delicious. It allows the green tomato flavor to shine through but marries the tomatoes with a fantastic golden breading that crunches every single time you take a bite. You can have simple fried green tomatoes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of simple fried green tomatoes
- Prepare 5 of green tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 2/3 cup of jiffy baking mix (or flour).
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of oil.
How to Make Simple Fried Green Tomatoes. Make sure to choose unripe green tomatoes (ones that haven't yet turned red) and not tomatillos or heirloom tomatoes, like Green Zebras, that remain. Fried green tomatoes are a side dish usually found in the Southern United States, made from unripe (green) tomatoes coated with cornmeal and fried. Fried green tomatoes are a true Southern classic food.
simple fried green tomatoes step by step
- I don't usually measure my ingredients. so this is a round about guess of measurements. I hope you enjoy it!.
- heat oil in skillet.
- slice tomatoes 1/2 in thick..
- in mixing bowl mix 2 eggs and milk. add in the jiffy mix and stir until clumps are gone. if the batter is too thin add more mix, if its too thick add more milk. next add parsley, Creole seasoning and stir..
- dip sliced tomatoes into batter. be sure to cover them completely. place in hot oil. let cook until golden brown and flip. (I find it easier to use tongs.).
- set out a plate with a few layers of paper towel. let cool and enjoy!.
They are even so popular that there are a book and a movie named after them. But to truly enjoy these delicious treats, you need fantastic green tomato recipes. How to Make Simple Country Fried Green Tomatoes. Dip tomatoes in milk mixture and then coat each side as evenly as possible with flour mixture, set aside. Make delicious, classic Southern Fried Green Tomatoes fast with this easy recipe!