Potato and sweet potato salad. We love sweet potatoes and they are terrific when combined with plain white ones, especially in an old fashioned potato salad. This one has mayonnaise, a bit of mustard, celery, hard-boiled eggs, and a smidgen of chopped onion. Season the water generously with salt.
Assemble salad by adding greens to a serving bowl and topping with roasted sweet potato and avocado. Sprinkle on hemp seeds (optional), and serve. The sweet potato salad is your oyster? You can cook Potato and sweet potato salad using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Potato and sweet potato salad
- You need 500 g of Potatoes.
- Prepare 300 g of Sweet potatoes.
- You need 200 g of Frozen green beans.
- You need 200 g of White onion.
- You need of Proper amount olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 10 g (2 teaspoons) of Lemon juice.
- You need 60 g (6 tbsp) of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 30 g (3 tablespoons) of Mustard.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes and red onion in oil then season with salt and pepper. Keep the chickpeas and sweet potatoes separated as much as possible. Scoot the chickpeas toward the sweet potatoes and add the onions to the baking sheet. Make sure everything is spread out evenly.
Potato and sweet potato salad step by step
- Thaw the green beans and cut into about 3-4 cm long.
- Stir-fry the beans in a pan with oil and a pinch of salt.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into pieces.
- In a pot, begin to cook the sweet potatoes in salted water.
- Cut the onions into slices Add about 3/4 of them (about 150g) to the beans and continue to cook.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces.
- When the sweet potatoes are starting to be a bit soft add the potatoes in the pot and continue to boil them (This is because potatoes and sweet potatoes have different cooking times).
- When the onions of the step 5 become transparent, add the rest of the onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- When all the ingredients are cooked, put out the heat Add lemon juice, mustard, mayonnaise and mix them Add salt and pepper to taste and mix all.
- Here, it's ready !! You can serve it hot or cold..
Use tongs to stir halfway through. Potato Salad is certainly not a safe choice, as it is generally one of the most popular dishes at such an event. However, I consider my Sweet Potato Salad unlike any other. This dish combines all flavors, from the sour of the lemon juice, the sweetness of the apples, to the saltiness of the bacon. A friend served sweet potatoes cooked with peppers and they tasted delicious together.