Red Potato Salad with Panchetta. Baby red potato salad with asparagus. Halve the bigger potatoes and leave the tiny ones whole. Roasted potatoes, roasted corn , roasted red bell peppers and pancetta dressed with a light sherry vinaigrette and topped with crumbled blue cheese.
Place in the oven and set. Garnish with a crispy bacon rasher or pancetta. Make the salad without the onion the day before and refrigerate. You can have Red Potato Salad with Panchetta using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Red Potato Salad with Panchetta
- Prepare 5 lbs of Red Potatos.
- You need 3 bunches of Scallions.
- It’s 1 lb of Diced Panchetta.
- You need 1 of small jar Hellman's Mayonaise.
- It’s 1 of small jar Grey Poupon Stone Ground Dijon Mustard.
Cook over medium heat until crisp; remove pancetta from skillet and drain on paper towel. When cool, crumble pancetta and set aside. I recommend "waxy potatoes," like red potatoes or yukon gold, over the starchy ones like russet. They hold up better, whereas russets can fall apart How long do you cook red potatoes for potato salad?
Red Potato Salad with Panchetta instructions
- Rinse and cut the potatoes into chunks.
- Boil potatos in salted water 30 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- Strain potatoes and let cool in fridge 20 minutes.
- Fry diced Panchetta in nonstick skillet till lightly carmelized then drain and allow to cool to room temp.
- Dice all the scallions.
- In large bowl or pot combine mayonaise, 1/3 of the mustard, the scallions and the Panchetta.
- Add the potatoes and fold into the mixture till full combined.
- Place entire mixture into 1/2 sterno tray and garnish with additional scallions and Panchetta.
- Place covered tray in fridge to chill fir two hours or over night before serving.
Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. When the potatoes have completely cooled, gently fold the pancetta, peas, sugar snaps, basil, chives, and mint into the potatoes. Potato and Pancetta Salad recipe: Potato & Pancetta Salad from Cooksinfo.com. Put a pot of unsalted water on to boil. Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients from the Red Wine Vinegar down to and including the pinch of pepper; set aside.