Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT. A Southern twist on a BLT swapping out the ripe red tomatoes for crispy fried green tomatoes and adding some tasty pimento cheese. Sorry about the lack of updates this past week; I had some computer problems which are hopefully resolved now! Featuring homemade jalapeño cornbread, pimento cheese spread, classic fried green tomatoes, and plenty of bacon, this recipe may be involved, but it is beyond worth it.
Hold onto your hats, have we got a recipe for you! Fried Green Tomato BLT with Pimento Cheese sandwich hits all the right notes and oozes Southern flavors. Some of you may already be familiar with this sandwich combination. You can have Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT
- You need 1 of green tomato.
- It’s 1 of panko bread cumbs.
- It’s 1 of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder.
- It’s 1 of prepared pimento cheese.
- You need 1 of bacon.
- You need 1 of ciabatta roll.
Whenever we would get to the farm in the mid-afternoon my grandmother would have a platter of deviled eggs, pimento cheese with soda crackers, and BLT's with the summer's best tomatoes on the simple sandwich. House made Pimento cheese, crispy bacon, fried green tomatoes and romaine lettuce. I mentioned yesterday when I posted about my foray into Pimento Cheese that I actually made it for something specific. · Crispy Fried Green Tomatoes made with Panko breadcrumbs mixed with garlic, onion, and a little cayenne pepper. It's my favorite fried green tomatoes recipe!
Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT step by step
- Slice 1inch slices of green tomato season with salt,pepper, garlic & onion powder.
- Create a breading station: 1plate for flour, 1plate for panko & 1 bowl for egg wash.
- Season a plate of flour & a plate of panko bread crumbs the same way as the tomatoes. *tomatoes take a lot of seasoning.
- Make an egg wash w/ 1 egg splash of water or buttermilk season well.
- Dip the tomato slices in egg wash-flour-egg wash & then panko shaking off the extra with each step.
- Fry the breaded slices in a pan of shallow(just enough 2 cover bottom of pan well) cooking oil. After cooking drain on paper bag or paper towels.
- Crisp up your bacon in oven or microwave figuring about 4 slices per sandwich. After cooking drain on paper bags or towels.
- Slice open your ciabatta roll & lightly butter the outside then sprinkle lightly w/ garlic powder. Spread the pimento cheese on the interior. Put together then grill sandwich in a pan.
- After sandwich is browned on both sides & cheese is melted remove from pan. Open sandwich add a few fried tomato slices & your bacon then enjoy!.
Come into the kitchen with us and let's get to cooking again. Here we attempted fried green tomatoes with a twist — or shall we say stuffing — Pimento. This Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Dog is inspired by Frank's Southern Belle Hot Dog that I devoured while in Austin last month. I basically took two of my favorite things, pimento cheese and fried green tomatoes, and stuffed them in a hot dog bun alongside a nearly burnt hot dog. I've used this cooking method on eggplant slices for years, so I decided to try it on green tomatoes.