Crispy fried green tomatoes. Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium-size bowl. Mix cornmeal, bread crumbs and salt and pepper on another plate. You may have heard of fried green tomatoes before.
In the Northern United States, crispy fried green tomatoes are often made with white flour. In the South, they're often made with cornmeal. Feel free to use whatever you prefer or have on hand. You can have Crispy fried green tomatoes using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Crispy fried green tomatoes
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s Dash of hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3 of large green tomatoes.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 1/2 of milk.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare Dash of garlic salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
Crispy on the outside, soft and tangy on the inside, fried green tomatoes dunked in creamy dressing. There's just something magical about sitting outside on a warm evening with a big, cold glass of sweet tea or lemonade , and biting into a perfectly crunchy fried green tomato. The Secret to Crispy Fried Green Tomatoes. Instant flour is low-protein wheat that is pre-cooked, dried, and finely ground, resulting in flour that easily.
Crispy fried green tomatoes instructions
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, hot flakes,cornstarch, and bread crumbs in large bowl.
- Slice tomatoes.
- In another bowl mix egg and milk.
- I use a cast iron pan but deep fryer or frying pan will work , heat oil on med heat you want it hot before you put your tomatoes in.
- When oil is ready dip tomato slices into mixture then into four mixture cover completely in flour mixture press flour mix into the slices then lightly shake off and put into hot oil.
- Fry until deep golden brown flip and repeat.
- I add a dash of garlic salt on the top when all finished !.
- Eat while hot and enjoy!!!!!.
No one does Fried Green Tomatoes like Southern Living. The cornmeal and flour crust is what sets this recipe apart from others. In only a matter of minutes, your tomatoes will be battered, fried and perfectly crispy. Not only can you enjoy these as a perfect summer appetizer paired with Buttermilk Herb Ranch Sauce, try sandwiching them with lettuce and bacon for an elevated BLT or scattering. Grilled green tomatoes are so good!