Loaded Potato Salad.
You can have Loaded Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Salad
- You need 18 of large red potatoes.
- You need 16 oz of bacon.
- Prepare 32 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 3 of blades of leek, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c. of shredded cheese (Mexican mix).
- You need 4 Tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 3 Tbsp of White vinegar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of red pepper.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt,.
Loaded Potato Salad instructions
- Cut a potato lengthwise; take one half, slice it lengthwise, and then chop 3/4 inch segments off the sliced half. Toss the chunks in half a large pot of water. Repeat for all potatoes. Cook on the stovetop until fork tender, i.e. a fork applied gently can break a potato chunk..
- While cooking potato chunks, fry up the pound of bacon until crispy, and then chop it all into large bacon bits and set aside..
- When fork tender, drain all water, and then repeatedly rinse potatoes with cold water and drain until the potatoes are cool. Transfer the potatoes to a very large bowl..
- Add the sour cream and mayonnaise, mix until homogenous, and then add the bacon bits and all other ingredients. Mix again. Do not overmix, though, as it breaks down the potatoes..
- Chill for at least a half hour in the refrigerator, and then serve..