Grandma’s Southern Potato Salad.
You can cook Grandma’s Southern Potato Salad using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Grandma’s Southern Potato Salad
- Prepare 5 lbs of russet potatoes.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dill relish.
- It’s 4 of boiled eggs.
Grandma’s Southern Potato Salad instructions
- We’ll start with the eggs. Bring a pot of salted water to full boil, add the eggs and let boil for about 10 minutes. Remove them from the pot to let them cool down..
- Secondly, boil the potatoes. We want them to be cooked enough yet still firm. First, peel the skins off. Then get a large pot, cover them with water, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes as well. You can put them in an ice bath once done if you’re in a hurry but I just let them cool off naturally..
- Once the potatoes are sufficiently cooled, chop them up into cubes and add them to a large dish. Peel the eggs and chop them up then add them to the same dish. Finally, peel and chop the onion and add it to the dish..
- Add the mustard, mayo, dill relish and as much salt and pepper as you want. Mix extremely well..
- Refrigerate overnight before serving and enjoy!!.