Chicken Tacos w/ Roasted Tomato Salsa.
You can have Chicken Tacos w/ Roasted Tomato Salsa using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Chicken Tacos w/ Roasted Tomato Salsa
- You need 3 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts; sliced thin on bias.
- It’s 2 pint of grape tomatoes; roasted & skinned.
- You need 1 head of garlic.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1 of yellow onion; quartered.
- It’s 2 of jalapeños.
- It’s 2 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- It’s 1 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 T of ground coriander seed.
- You need 2 t of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 t of onion powder.
- You need 1.5 t of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 t of ground celery seed.
- You need 2 t of toasted cumin.
Chicken Tacos w/ Roasted Tomato Salsa instructions
- Also needed: Olive oil, 1/2 t liquid smoke, kosher salt, and black pepper..
- Coat onion, garlic, jalapeno, and bell peppers with vegetable oil. Add a tiny pinch of salt. Broil a few minutes on each side until completely charred. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with foil or seran wrap. Let steam 5 minutes. Remove skins..
- In a food processor combine ingredients tomatoes through cilantro with liquid smoke. Add a large pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse briefly until combined..
- Toss chicken with enough oil to coat. Season with kosher salt, black pepper, and dried spices from coriander seed to cumin..
- Heat a large saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom. Add chicken. Sear a few minutes on each side. Add salsa when chicken is 90% cooked and simmer until chicken is cooked through by reaching 165° with juices running clear with no pink..
- Variations; Lime, cayenne, ancho chile, serrano, cotija, Mexican oregano, zucchini, sofrito, beer, tequila, adobo, mojo crillo, mole, chihuahua, goat cheese, chili powder, queso fresco, crema, tomato puree, salsa, corn, guacamole, tomatillos, guajillo chile, fruit salsa, ghee, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, white beans, yellow or red bell peppers, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, sherry, mint, celery, bacon, eggplant, chives, cinnamon, lemon, marjoram, poblano, chicken stock, vegetable oil, applewood seasoning, oregano, rice, over a bed of lettuce or roasted potatoes, ground chipotle pepper.