Old fashioned potato salad. "This is potato salad the old-fashioned way, with eggs, celery and relish. It's really good to serve with chili." I never made potatoe salad before and this disappeared very quickly. We live at the edge of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, where there are lots of small farms.
It's an excellent choice for a picnic or cookout. Choose low-starch potatoes for salads, such as red-skinned, Yukon Gold, fingerlings, or new potatoes. Old-Fashioned Potato Salad from Barefoot Contessa. You can have Old fashioned potato salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Old fashioned potato salad
- Prepare 8 of medium (3 lbs) red potatoes.
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of full fat mayo.
- Prepare 1 cup of or 1/2 container full fat sour cream.
- It’s 1 of heaping tbsp yellow mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of med. white onion diced fine.
- Prepare 2 of small stalks celery diced fine.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Bring the water to a boil, then When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into quarters or halves, depending on their size. This classic old-school potato salad calls for celery, eggs, and relish. In this video, you'll discover the best potatoes for making potato salad and see a great technique for making hard-boiled eggs. This is a great side dish for anything from the barbeque, and the perfect potato salad for picnics.
Old fashioned potato salad instructions
- Dice potatoes to bite size, then boil eggs and potatoes together for 12 min in salted water (1/2 tsp salt).
- Peel eggs, then let eggs and potatoes all cool to room temp. Meanwhile mix all other ingredients in large bowl..
- Combine all ingredients and cover and chill 4-6 hrs before serving (best over night). It tastes better the longer it sits. Don’t be stingy on the salt and pepper!.
Spring is in full gear now, and I couldn't be happier. The grass is starting to become luscious and green and the trees are getting heavy with leaves. Today, I wanted to share my recipe for old fashioned potato salad, a tried and true recipe that my family loves. For occasions like Easter I always make it the day before and refrigerate it! See more ideas about Potato salad, Potatoe salad recipe, Salad.