Dill potato salad. Southern Dill Potato Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Drain the potatoes and return them to the uncovered pot off the heat. Stir gently until all the potatoes are coated with dressing.
It's easy to make ahead of time and This is one of my favorite potato salad recipes of all time! It's rich and creamy and loaded with fresh dill. Dill Potato Salad With Radishes & Peas. You can cook Dill potato salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Dill potato salad
- You need 3/4 lb of baby red potatoes.
- You need 1/2 tbs of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tbs of dill pickle juice.
- You need 1/2 tbs of dill pickle juice.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dill pickle, chopped or relish.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped green onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of loosely packed fresh finely chopped dill.
- Prepare of Optional: 2 hard boiled eggs, whites only, chopped.
Dill pickles add pizzazz to this old-fashioned chilled salad. The creamy, well-dressed side dish makes a flavorful and attractive addition to a Fourth of July picnic or church supper.—Nancy Holland, Morgan. Potato salad can be served right away, or refrigerated until ready to serve. I LOVE the extra flavor from the dill pickle juice.
Dill potato salad step by step
- Bring whole potatoes to a boil and boil until tender, about 15 minutes. (Boil eggs, drain and cool if using) Drain, halve and quarter potatoes. Place in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix 1 tbs pickle juice and 1/2 tbs dijon mustard. Pour over potatoes, toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30mins or up to 1 hour..
- Add celery, pickles or relish, green onions, dill, (and eggs if using) to the bowl with the cooled potatoes..
- Mix mayonnaise, 1/2 tbs pickle juice, paprika, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth. Add to bowl of potatoes and toss to coat.
Best Potatoes to use for Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad. If you have an option, the best potatoes for a potato salad are waxy potatoes like Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes. This potato salad gets some excellent flavor from dill pickle relish, a little mustard, and hard-cooked eggs. It's a delicious side dish, perfect for any cookout or picnic, or served with a lunch sandwich or. Tender boiled potatoes, shallot, cucumber, and dill are tossed with a flavorful mustard dressing How To Make German Potato Salad.