The Most Excellent Potato Salad. Great recipe for The Most Excellent Potato Salad. This will make you forget everything you know about boring Potato Salads. You can also steam them; same advice.
This is the creamiest, richest potato salad you will ever try. The secret is in the homemade dressing. I get nothing but raves every time I make this. You can have The Most Excellent Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of The Most Excellent Potato Salad
- You need 5-6 of medium potatoes (Yukon is best).
- It’s 1 of large Vidalia Onion (or other sweet onions), chopped.
- You need 2 of Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- It’s 1 can of Corn (12-16 ounces) drained.
- Prepare 1 of large Dill bunch, chopped.
- It’s 2 of large Dill pickles, cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- You need 1/3 cup of Dill pickle juice.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime (optional).
- It’s of Salt.
Stir the dressing into the bowl of potato salad gently until evenly coated. Chill several hours or overnight before serving for best flavor. Red potato salad is a broad characterization for any potato salad that uses red potatoes, and as we mentioned above, red potatoes are the perfect spud for potato salad, no matter what dressing you use! Can't get enough of your new favorite side dish?
The Most Excellent Potato Salad step by step
- Peel, then cut potatoes in half, boil over medium heat 15-18 minutes till ALMOST done (Important: they should not be too soft!). You can also steam them; same advice applies. Set aside to cool.
- When potatoes are cool enough, cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Add onions, apples, corn, pickles.
- Add Mayo and most of Dill, fold / mix gently.
- If pickle juice is not acidic enough, add some lime juice to it and drizzle over ingredients. Add salt to taste, Top with remaining Dill..
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
Do waxy or starchy potatoes make the best potato salad? The most common complaint lodged against them (at least in relation to potato salad), is that they become mealy and fall apart too easily when boiled. Potato salad is the ultimate summer salad recipe. This easy, creamy, crunchy, classic potato salad recipe is just like my mom used to make. This, the most nominated potato salad, combines boiled red, skin-on potatoes with celery, salt, pepper, mayo and no mustard.