Smoked potato salad. This Smoked Potato Salad adds extra flavor to a classic BBQ side. Smoked potatoes are tossed with hard boiled eggs, onions, and a mayo dressing. This recipe will change everything you think you know about potato salad.
If your interested in the "Smoking Gun" then you can get them on Amazon.com here: http How to make smoked potato salad and bbq sauce. A favorite side for any BBQ dinner with a touch of smoke. Cover the potatoes completely with warm, soft bacon grease and the Big Green Egg Citrus & Herb Seasoning. You can have Smoked potato salad using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Smoked potato salad
- It’s pieces of Red potatoes cut in bite size pieces.
- It’s to taste of Mayo.
- It’s to taste of Mustard.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Aluminum throwaway pan.
- You need of Diced celery optional.
- You need of Diced hard boiled eggs optional.
- You need Half of a Red onion diced.
The smoked herring you use should be somewhat salty — such is the nature of smoked herring — but not overly so. Try a small piece: if it is pleasantly salty, you can use it as is. Using ingredients from a traditional potato salad, the flavor from smoking the potatoes using Dickey's Cherry or Pecan Pellets transforms this dish. A flavorful smoked potato salad recipe made with smoked potatoes, avocado and roasted jalapeno peppers.
Smoked potato salad step by step
- Cut potatoes and soft boil them to just about done. I used a pressure cooker….
- After cooking drain and let cool.
- Put potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with Olive oil and add the seasoning of choice and to taste, mix lightly, so you don’t break up the potatoes. Mine was over cooked because of the pressure cooker..
- Spray aluminum pan with nonstick spray add potatoes and spread them out..
- Set up smoker.
- I use a Electric smoker, place food inside smoker set on high, till it starts to smoke then turn to medium heat… I let this go for 2 hrs and I carefully flipped and moved potatoes around one time and added more wood chip.., this cooking time depends on how you want the potatoes I taste tested them and pulled them out when I liked them..
- After they come out of the smoker set aside and let them cool completely before adding any ingredients..
- After the potatoes are cooled completely, put in a bowl add in the mayo, mustard, seasoning, celery, eggs, some people also use vinegar or relish, onion. Mix lightly and then refrigerate for a few hrs..
It is creamy and tangy and sure to be a hit at your next party. Preheat your smoker using manufacturer's instructions and load it with Let the potatoes cool entirely before preparing the salad (this is a good time to cook the bacon if you. Finely cubed potatoes and smoked salmon are paired with a simple lemony cream dressing in this salad usually served as an appetizer in Italy. Add the potatoes to a large saucepan of cold water. Bring up to a boil, add a nice handful of salt and reduce to a simmer.